Do you have trouble sleeping at night? During the course of your day do you feel unproductive and lazy because you spent the last night tossing and turning in bed? Then you might have questions like how can I fall asleep faster naturally or how can I fall asleep faster without pills in your mind all the time. Do you wanna fall asleep in less than 5 minutes which can help you get enough sleep despite your hectic schedule? There are a couple of techniques that can help you. We in this article are going to tell you what are ways to fall asleep faster, in fact in less than 5 minutes. These techniques are the answer to the question of how can I fall asleep faster. So before popping up some sleeping pills why don’t you give these a try.
The Four-Seven-Eight Technique to Fall Asleep in Less than Five Minutes
This technique can help you fall asleep within mare minutes. Practicing this technique over and over will help make your body fall asleep after as little as five minutes.
- For four seconds take deep breaths through your nose.
- Stop breathing and count to seven.
- Release your breath slowly through your mouth for eight seconds.
- Repeat the process until you fall asleep.
This technique is very effective because it slows down our heartbeat. The slower motion of the heart relaxes us which helps our body to fall asleep.
The Military Technique
This technique is used by soldiers in the US navy to help them fall asleep in a very short time. This technique helped them fall asleep even when they were in situations that were less than ideal for a peaceful sleep, like the times when they were on the battlefield.
- Lie down on your bed in a position that you are comfortable and relaxed. Most preferably on your back. Now relax all your face muscles. Relax your jaw, unclench it. Relax the muscles around your eye sockets and your tongue. If you happen to have a frown, try to relax your forehead to make it flat.
- Try to relax your shoulders, drop them far down, as much as they go. Now relax and drop down your upper and lower arm, one arm after another. Relax and drop up to your palms and fingers.
- Relax your chest by breathing in and out. Let your lungs fill up with air and then slowly release it.
- Now relax the lowest part of your body, your legs. Focus on each part of your legs as they get relaxed, your knees, your thighs, up to your toes.
- Now that all the muscles of your body are fully relaxed and ready to sleep, prepare your mind to fall asleep. Imagine yourself in a quiet, peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. If no scenario helps you fall asleep, just repeat the words ‘don’t think’ to yourself over and over again.
Scenarios that Can Help You Relax
Author Llyod Bud Winter wrote the book ‘Relax and Win’ where he provided the following scenarios that can prepare your mind to fall asleep.
- Imagine yourself in a calm and peaceful lake on a canoe with a crisp blue sky above it.
- If that does not work you can imagine yourself in a pitch-black room wrapped in a blue hammock
- Repeat in your mind the phrase ‘don’t think’ for about 10 seconds.
After practicing the technique for 6 weeks, it was found effective up to 96% of the cases. This technique is in fact so effective that you don’t even need a bed. The pilots used this technique while they were sitting down on the plane in order to fall asleep. This technique takes time to master, so we suggest that you don’t give up if you fail for the first couple of tries.
Use these techniques if you wanna save some time while you fall asleep. Let us know if they worked for you or if you have any special techniques that help you fall asleep within minutes.
In the long run, however, try to find out the root of your sleeping disorder. If you need more information on that you can visit our article on sleeping disorders. Also if you wanna learn some habits that could help change your sleep habits for better, here are twelve of them. Sleep is an important factor when it comes to your mental and physical wellbeing. Tell us how you struggle and what techniques you apply to sleep well at night.