Butterfly pea flower tea is getting quite popular among many people not only because of its mesmerizing color-changing properties but also because it can help you get slimmer. The tea is said to have some amazing health benefits, one of which is its ability to help you lose weight. So, if you wanna know how exactly can a tea help you lose weight, read ahead.
Is Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Good for Weight Loss
Butterfly pea tea is really good for weight loss because of a couple of reasons. The tea is packed with antioxidants and does not contain any fat or calories.
An important compound present in butterfly pea tea as well as many other kinds of tea is catechin. Catechins are phenolic compounds that can help you burn belly fat and lose weight with ease.
You can replace butterfly pea tea as your choice of drink instead of your morning or evening cup of tea or coffee if you want to give your best effort to lose some weight.
How Butterfly Pea Tea Can Help You Lose Weight
You may know by now that blue butterfly pea tea can help you lose weight. What you might not know is how exactly it does that.
As you read earlier, butterfly pea tea contains catechins, and numerous studies have concluded that catechins may have a positive effect on losing weight and preventing obesity.
Drinking butterfly pea flower tea is also said to have a positive effect on our immune system and it helps speed up our metabolism. This will in turn help you burn more calories, and lose weight faster.
Another reason butterfly pea tea can aid in your weight loss is that it contains very little fat. If you only drink butterfly pea tea instead of fatty and sugary drinks like soda and cappuccinos, you will save yourself from consuming extra calories and lose weight quite faster.
How To Drink Butterfly Pea Flower Tea So that You Can Lose Weight Most Effectively
The best way to drink butterfly pea tea is by drinking it without any sugar or cream if you are drinking it for losing weight. It is quite easy to make butterfly pea tea and the tea has a very mild and refreshing flavor, so you can drink it without adding any sugar to it.
All you need to do to make a nice cup of butterfly pea tea is first to boil some water and add some dried-up butterfly pea flower to it. After about 5 minutes, the water will start getting colored by the butterfly pea flowers and at this point, you can remove the tea from the heat and your tea will be ready.
You can drink the tea as many times throughout the day as you want. To lose the most weight in the least amount of time, you should replace all of your drinks with butterfly pea tea. You can start drinking your sodas again once you reach your desired weight, but until then, stick to butterfly pea flower tea.
Other Health Benefits of Butterfly Pea Flower Tea
Butterfly pea flower tea is also seen as a magical drink because of its numerous health benefits. Here is a list of all the health benefits of butterfly pea flower tea:
- Butterfly pea tea can help you get better eyesight
- The tea is an immunity booster
- Blue butterfly pea tea can act as a mood enhancer
- Better hair and skin are also benefits you can get from drinking butterfly pea tea
- The tea can help you with various mental diseases like anxiety and improve brain function
- If you suffer from headaches often, drinking this tea can help soothe your pain
- The tea also might help you with diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Butterfly pea tea also has some anti-aging properties.
How To Make Butterfly Pea Tea
Now that you know about butterfly pea tea and weight loss, you might want to learn how to make butterfly pea tea so that you can start drinking it. You’d have no problem learning how to make butterfly pea tea because the process is quite easy and not very different than making any other kind of tea drink. You Can follow these steps to make yourself a refreshing cup of butterfly pea tea-
- Boil some water.
- Put some dried butterfly pea flower into the boiling water
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes and your tea will be ready.
If you want to see the color changing action of the butterfly pea flower tea along with amazing weight loss benefits, you can make a lemonade. The tea changes color when acidic lemon juice is poured into it. The lemon along with some sugar gives the tea a nice zesty twist, and this drink is best served cold.
You can impress your party guests by serving color changing iced tea in your party. To make butterfly pea flower tea lemonade you can follow these steps
- Brew some butterfly pea flower tea just like before. Make the tea a little bit stronger. Maybe you could let it simmer in the boiling water for 10 minutes instead of 5.
- Add about 1 cup of sugar to the tea. It needs to reach a syrupy consistency.
- Strain the tea after removing it from heat and let it cool down.
- Make some lemonade by mixing lemon with water and sugar.
- Once the tea syrup has cooled down, you can mix it with the lemonade. To wow your guests, mix the lemonade and the tea before serving, that way you’ll be able to see the color of the tea changing as it touches the lemonade.
- You can add ice to the drink to make it extra refreshing.
Since the tea has so many health benefits and almost no side effects, it is no wonder that butterfly pea tea is also referred to as a magical drink. It is easy to make, refreshing to drink, and its visual appeal and color-changing properties make this a truly Instagram-worthy drink. If you are new to tea, this might be quite an exciting point to get started.